Monday, November 24, 2008

I Almost Made It

I went to my training session pumped up and ready to get to work. I jogged for 10 minutes straight on the treadmill {a very big accomplishment for me} and then did some other leg squats, arm exercises, and chin ups. About 3/4 of the way through I had to stop. I was in physical pain and was completely out of breath and extremely woozy. I had that feeling in the throat where you just know what's about to come up.

My trainer was nice about it, I felt like a wussy, but we moved past that because I felt like I was going to pass out. I've never been lightheaded like that or fainted, but today was probably pretty darn close. He explained it to me that I was working my legs so much that the blood wasn't circulating as well in my head. He had me lie down on my back with my legs in the air and I rested.

He talked and talked and all I could do was breathe steadily and keep my eyes closed. I was not about to throw up in a gym with students, former high school classmates, and who knows else there.

I felt mad that I couldn't pull of the whole hour, but my body gave up. As we were talking it pretty much was discovered that my body did not have enough fuel for that workout. I, like a dummy, did not eat nearly enough in the day to warrant the amount of work I went through. I did not even think of that and feel silly for eating too little. I now know that I better be loading my body up with good proteins and carbs!

As with the time before, the whole 45 minutes I wanted to die and thought about canceling the next two sessions. But, here I sit now wanting to do it again. Crazy? Maybe. Determined? You bet!

7 comments:

J said...

Joi, Dont give up you can do this, takes time you can and will do it, I have faith in you. Do not let this make you give it up. Chin up girl, hope your feeling better.

jane

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

Good for you chica! Keep going back!

Anna said...

It will get easier! Keep it up!

Lindsey said...

You're doing great!

Candice said...

That sounds like me anytime I have ever tried to really work out. GOod for you for wanting to go back, that is always the hardest part for me.

Michael said...

Does this somehow justify me woofing down an entire large pizza before a workout? Oh wait, you said "good" carbs...my bad :)

Keep up the good work!

Mar5195 said...

J- It happens all the time. You are bound to have bad days at the gym. The key is to learn and move on.

Keep on trucking Sista!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...