Friday, February 22, 2013

DIY: Frame an Old Navy Bag

Last weekend we did a little shopping and picked up some shorts for Theron for summertime at Old Navy.  As I was leaving the aisle after checking out, I noticed a great & graphic reusable bag for sale.

It was only $1.50 so I decided swing back through the line and purchase it.  Immediately I knew I wanted to frame it for Theron's playroom.

I purchased a perfect square frame from Michael's [with my teacher's discount!] and used the included mat as a guide while cutting out the bag's map image.  I wasn't pleased with my first attempt so I was happy the image was printed on both sides of the bag.  Phew.


I then popped the image in the frame and it's now waiting to be hung in our feisty little kiddo's playroom.


I love that frameable images are basically anywhere you can imagine and so accessible.  This $1.50 bag is the perfect find to add to Theron's growing gallery wall.  I adore it and its pricetag!  It's a great reminder that you don't have to spend a lot of money to fill your walls with great images.

I hope you all have a great weekend.  Ours has been a long one thanks to a winter storm we received on Thursday thus giving us two back-to-back snow days.  Wootwoot!

p..s. Theron Drake went sledding yesterday and LOVED it.  If you follow me on Instagram then you've already seen his cutie-patootie self enjoying the snow.




Oh I could just eat him up.

xoxo

4 comments:

ClassroomEdit said...

That sled (and that baby!) are so cute? Where is the sled from? We've been looking for something similar for our son.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Really cute idea to frame the bags. You are so clever ever since I saw your Instagram pics, I've wanted to take Henry sledding. Maybe this weekend.

TLF said...

What a great idea!

Erin said...

what a cute idea!! I may have to go find one of those bags!! I love maps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...