Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Master Bedroom Bed + Bedding Plans

So we got our bed a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I have been sleeping so much better lately because of the attached headboard. I no longer lose my pillows nor do I have to constantly rearrange myself throughout the night.

We still have yet to purchase/sew all of the new bedding components but I thought I'd at least share with you guys what we have so far.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can tell, all that's on the bed when I took the pics was the mattress pad {oh, and Scoutie Bear's octopus toy which she is obsessed with} because David was doing the laundry. We still have the Target pintuck bedding {which I love} but it's got a couple holes in it from Scoutie Bear trying to paw her way to get comfy at night. And, I also took the old rug from the office and layered it on top of our other rug. I like the look a lot and am pleased so far. : )

My plans for the new bedding are pretty simple.

Photobucket
1. / 2. / 3.

Since I still love the pintuck bedding I am going to buy the original version in white from West Elm. I love the cheaper Target version but I really want a down feather duvet again. Those things are heavenly and I've missed ours since the switch.

Second I purchased some navy Euro shams to go in the back with intentions of layering the next row with two standard matelasse pillows from Pottery Barn.

My final touch will be a bolster pillow that will have a custom sewn cover {a sarong found at Old Navy} done by yours truly and my mom {thanks, mom!} sometime soon.

Photobucket

I hope it all comes together like I see it in my head. You know how that goes. When things get going I will be sure to share. Thanks for waiting on me, friends.

xoxo

19 comments:

jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVing everything you have so far! The bedding with be the finishing touch! Can't wait to see it!
xx

Grace Ng said...

I am really digging how your room is turning out, I love everything about it! Can you please share where you bought the bed from? Thank you!

Unknown said...

it's looking great!!! such a change from what you had before (I'm such a dork that I actually remember!) Really love those fabric panels on each side, I might steal that idea =)

Marissa Waddell said...

Joi, I am not kidding-- your room looks great already and the bedding will be the icing on the cake! Your style has developed to be SO beautiful.

Marissa
www.roost-home.blogspot.com

Gloria @ A Little Paint said...

I bought the Target bedding in blue for our guest room, while I love it, I'm definitely all about the duvets in the master bedroom. Plus, targets has buttons and my hair gets stuck in it if I try to sleep on it.

Oh, and your room looks friggin AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

I am IN LOVE with your bed!!!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

That'll look lovely. I like all the subtle hits of gold.

Liz @ Just About Home said...

It's looking beautiful already! The vignette of your nightstand and gold lamp and framed fabric look like they could be in a magazine!

Coley said...

Those gold lamps are fab and I LOVE that bedspread!

Coley
www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

Sara said...

I love the framed fabric and the bed. I don't want to be Debbie downer but I wanted to offer some words of warning about the West Elm pin tuck duvet. I went through two of them and HATED them. The pin tucks rip every time you pull the covers. It is a horrible noise and it would wake me up. I returned the first one because of it and they gave me another. It happened again. My SIL has it and hates it as well. It is a shame because it looks so awesome. Just wanted to share that.

A room with a view said...

I love the sarong idea..look forward to see the whole room put together..such great ideas!

Michael said...

You know I love me a Colette bed with crisp white pin tuck bedding! I love the navy accents you have planned and your gold lamps. But hands down, the panels behind the night stands are my absolute favorite...simply stunning!

It's so funny to see the similarities between our room and yours, yet I'm crushing on your room cause it's so polished where mine still screams rental. I ended up bring gold in with a mirror above my bed. Our walls our also gray...the biggest difference is our nightstands. I ordered the Borghese mirrored nightstands from Z Gallerie...I pick them up next week.

Hope all is well with you guys! We are swamped with school as well, so we can relate. Take care!

Freckles Chick said...

Oooooh, girl, I'm so digging the direction your MBR's going in! That bed is delicious. The framed fabric is beautiful--very chinoiserie. My fave has got to be the touch of gold via the lamp & bolster fabric. I never would have thought of repurposing that scarf. You amaze me.

Sharstin said...

i am loving it chick--the bed, bedding, and gold touches--fantastic--of course--since we all know you have mad style~ cannot wait to see it all finished!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! your bedroom looks very cozy and relaxing. I have the pintuck duvet from West Elm in the sage green color and I love it.

My Many Moments said...

Your bed is fantastic! What first caught my eye were those fantastic brass lamps. I think every room needs a bit of brass ;)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

mmmmm.... I love it. Love all the depth in the colors and that bed is divine! Yay! can't wait to see it come together.

Suzie said...

AMAZING. The different shades of purple are so pretty and I am in love with the fabric panels.

Unknown said...

HEY! I just found you and will be blog stalking :) {via pinterest, houzz} I love how the bedroom turned out. c'mon over when you can.
Laura from lifewelive4.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...