Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Friday!

Wahoo! It's the weekend....almost. I know I said I'd be better at blogging soon, but I promise it's coming. I'm finally feeling like I'm in a routine so more posts are in the line-up. I am really enjoying my classes this year, and so far, my students have been great kiddos. As many teachers know, this early stage is the "honeymoon phase" so things could always change. I'm staying positive though because I believe they'll continue to be great and impress me. : )

This Friday I'm leaving you guys with images that make my heart smile. I seriously have some of the best people in my life. One of my best friends, Cori, sent me this adorable card and sugar skull image for my birthday.

Photobucket

She saw it on my pinterest months ago and bought it for me. When I opened it I almost cried. What a thoughtful gift. Who doesn't love a surprise gift in the mail from a dear friend? Definitely one of the highlights of my week.

This past weekend my mom and I treated Maw Maw to her very first hour long massage and pedicure for her birthday. She absolutely loved it and that made me so happy. Maw Maw deserves the best and I'm glad she got to feel completely pampered.

While Maw Maw was getting the special treatment my mom and I took a trip to Target. I spotted these faux bois over-sized pillows and almost made a pair of them mine.

Photobucket

I was thinking I could use them on our new bed. Ultimately I left them there because they just weren't fluffy enough for me. Maybe they'd be better suited to a sofa set-up. I think they're a great accent choice!

And finally, I snapped this picture of Scoutie Bear waiting for her Daddy to get home. She sits on the couch the entire evening until he walks in the door. To say she is obsessed with David is an understatement.

Photobucket

I am so glad we rescued this sweet pup. We fall more and more in love with her everyday!

That's it for me. Have a fabulous little weekend, friends.

xoxo

9 comments:

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Shut up! Faux bois pillows at Target? Oh my goodness I'm drooling. I have a slight obsession with faux bois. :) I will be on the look out for those the next time we go!

Cori said...

Ahh! It's on the blog! It seriously is SO you- pink, black, girly and day of the dead-ish. I can't wait to see what you do with it! LOVE YOU GIRL!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

aww, i love that she sits and waits for him. precious!

Lovely Little Nest said...

ooh Target seriously gets better every day! I may have to go snatch up a few of those pillows for our living room ~ perfect for fall!

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Sharstin said...

so glad your classes are going well thus far:) and i always love a target find:) hope you weekend is going swell!

J said...

how sweet Joi, Scout waiting on Dave to get home. by the way do not know if you have saw this site before but it is a great site to order from great prices. http://www.graveyardmall.com/

Julie S. said...

LOVE those pillows!

Suzie said...

Awww, so cute.

When kids walk into class do they think you are a student? You look so young I bet you get that mix-up all the time. :)

Freckles Chick said...

Aww, it's these things in life that make it so sweet. That's what I love about you--you always appreciate the little gestures & time spent w/ family & friends.

Have I yet said that I want to kiss Scoutie Bear's smooshies? That's FC speak for "I want to cover your dog w/ kisses so you better let me or else you'll never get rid of me."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...