Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

The other weekend I had the pleasure of joining some of my best girlfriends for a photo scavenger hunt of sorts in some of St. Louis' best spots.

Photobucket

I am grateful and so thankful for these ladies who mean the world to me. I was fortunate enough to meet and become best friends with Melissa when I started working at Edwardsville. We became quick acquaintances and even faster best friends. I soon thereafter became best friends with Melissa's student teacher, Jeannie, who then got hired with us as well. They know everything there is to know about me and STILL love me. Wow, I am so blessed. Friends like these girls come around once in a lifetime, I am sure of it. I will forever treasure our marathon chat sessions, our trip to Spain, regular days at good ol' EHS, and the numerous fun outings we've had and yet to have!

Melissa introduced Jeannie and I to a group of girls she lovingly referred to as the Ya-Yas. You all are familiar with that term from the movie, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, right? Well, as time went by Jeannie and I found ourselves welcomed with open arms to this great group of girls and they have brought me endless smiles and love.

On our photo hunt, two of the other Yas {I'm particularly fond of the shortened version myself! Thanks, Paigey!}, Mendy and Paige, joined in the fun and we had a fabulous time! Almost the whole group is made up of teachers so we "get" each other quite well!

We spent most of our time in the Loop snapping pics, chatting and grabbing lunch at Noodles and Company. We ended our day with a necessary stop for some bubble tea!

Photobucket

It wouldn't be a complete day if this girl didn't do some shopping...haha! I picked up this great pair of colorful sandals to sport this summer.

Photobucket

Perhaps my favorite picture of the day is the one you see below. It was on our list to find someone with facial hair and Mendy was sneaky enough to bring us all faux-staches. I find this hilarious and endearing at the same time. That grafitti wall really seals the deal!

Photobucket

Too bad we didn't have a tripod so Melissa could've been in it! I guess that'll be for another day...
; )

Hope you all have friends you love as much as I do.

xoxo

19 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Ahhh! That last photo cracked me up! Girlfriends are wonderful.

And I absolutely love the sandals!

Courtney@SDB said...

Can you move here so we can become friends and do something like this??!! =)

Looks like fun!

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

GASP! The sandals! What brand? I need details!

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Oh.My.Word. Those sandals are gorg-e-mous!!!!! Im jealous:)
XO,
Sarah

Jaye said...

Yes, please, detail of the sandals! Old friends are the best!

Lynett said...

Love the sandals J! Those colors are fabulous for the spring!

Romax love said...

I'm with Southern domestic bliss, I too wish you lived in Houston so we could go thrusting and do things like this.
The sandals are too die for and they are so you.

Perfectly Jenn said...

those sandals steal the spotlight! and your stache photos are priceless!

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

LOVE those sandals! Looks like you guys had a blast :)

Melissa Beck said...

I love you so very much! I'm very very happy that we became best friends and miss working with you every single day.
I'll never forget our trip to Spain or our long talks about whatever. I'm very grateful I have you in my life and think you are absolutely amazing ;)
I'm so happy your talent is paying off for you with your decorating and blogging and every thing else that you do.
I had a lot of fun on our photo excursion, and we've decided to make it a seasonal thing. So...we need to get our spring list together soon and find a date to go!
I can't wait to head out to the play this weekend either.
If anything, I feel like we don't get to see each other enough, and wish we had much more time together! I love talking about teaching, life, love, problems, fun times, everything with you.
Much love to my Ya~ Melissa

Oona Johnson said...

Looks like an amazing time! Those sandals are pretty snazzy.

I've never been to Bubble Tea, but I've also never eaten at The Melting Pot. I'm a bad St. Louisan... Have you guys tried Cheese-ology? To. Die. For.

Rachel Q said...

That last picture is great! And I'm with everyone else, the sandals are supercute!

Julie S. said...

Those sandals are SO cute and make me SO ready for warmer weather!

Elsa said...

How fun! The last picture is also my favorite :-)

###### said...

look at yall in that picture...LOOKING LIKE G'S....too cute.

Chelsea said...

What an awesome idea!! That looks like so much fun. And I love the last photo.

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

How stinking fun!! I want to come!!

ps. I am going to snap a few more pics of that wreath and share prob friday. =)

jess said...

i always admire your style, but those sandals are BEYOND wonderful! where on earth did you find them?

Anonymous said...

Mustache picture = Awesomeness!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...