Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Floored

Call me crazy, but I totally want to paint our kitchen floors with a fun chevron pattern. Right now we have a single sheet linoleum, that was there when we moved, and I think something like this {in a different color} would be lovely.
Photobucket
Or this, this diamond pattern could be fun, too.
Photobucket
Do you absolutely hate it? I'm sure my father-in-law already has 8,456 reasons against it. Such the practical man. : )

Eventually our plan is to rip out the flooring and put down hardwood floors in that cozy little kitchen of ours. Eventually, being the key word.

xoxo

P.S. Someone's {me!} got a birthday on Wednesday! The big 2-7 is right around the corner : )

*images spied via LDV today*

11 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love it. you could totally pull it off. I'm such a weenie, I'd never do it. But, I think it could look really cool.

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great week.

Tomcon00 said...

Paint the floor? Well, if it ain't right paint it white! Someone I know says that all the time! Have a great day tomorrow, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!

LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART! MOM

J said...

my brother and his wife saw this done on dyi and they thought of doing it, why not it would be a change until you get the harwood floors. Happy 27th Joi!!!!! Hope your day is great!!!!

Mrs. Limestone said...

I can't see those photos (photobucket is blocked) but I heart painted floors.

I was going to paint the floor in my office (since the wood floor in there doesn't have any design) but husband talked me out of it. I wish I hadn't listened.

Go for it. You can always sand it off if you hate it.

Unknown said...

I love painted floors, not sure I have the guts to do it though. But sure do covet them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lynett said...

I say go for it! You plan on switching them out eventually anyway right? Do it! It will look gorgeous!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm in the same boat. Every time someone posts pictures from Sunny's Goodtime Paints, I want to try it.

But I'm nowhere near as talented as that women and I'm very scared!

layersofmeaning said...

Happy Birthday Joi!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

leah @maritalbless said...

Happy Birthday girl! I think you should get the flooring of your choice!

Suzie said...

Happy Birthday, Joi, Joi! Do Eeeeeeet! Love the chevron pattern!

SweDaisy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tomorrow is my birthday. That explains why we have such similar tastes, we're both virgos :)

I love the painted floors. Heres an idea, if you get wood floor squre tiles you could lay the floor to look like painted floors but really the finish would be protected by the manufactures finish. Just a thought. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

take care,
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...