Sunday, August 9, 2009

Woah-Oh, I've Gotta Go, Back To School

Tomorrow is D-day, or as others more commonly refer to it as the first day back to school. Most teachers dread this day, not because we hate our job, but rather we will miss our days of shopping, vacationing, sleeping in, home renovating, laying poolside and the like...all while getting paid for it! Now it's back to planning, grading, getting up early, volunteering our time to billions of extracurriculars {free of charge, mind you}, and being on stage every.single.day!

Now, as in the words of one of my favorite movies of all time, whose actors sing it best, "I've gotta go back to school!"



And inquiring minds want to know, are you a Grease 2 fan? My husband seems to think I'm the only one out there...ha!

xoxo

7 comments:

ezza said...

haha. i forgot this movie even exsisted!! wow. your "d day" is early!! okc has another week left of summer. have fun!!

Rose said...

Yes, grease 2 is awesome! I loved that in high school!

I have to go back to school on Thursday. I'm really not sure how I am going to sit through teacher meetings for 8 hours straight.....

I am in serious denial about it all!!!

Kara said...

I work for a college and kids will be back on campus this week. I love my job but please give me just a few more weeks or summer!

Lynett said...

You know, I'm a HUGE fan on the first Grease but the second one did nothing for me :( Oh well, hope you have a great first day back prepping for the school year! I hate when the summer comes to an end!

Suzie said...

Awww, Joi! I loved getting paid during summer break! Have fun meeting your new students and don't work too hard! :)

Kim said...

I love Grease and Grease 2!
Have a great school year!

Tina said...

I LOVE grease 2! Me and my younger sister were obsessed with that movie when we were younger and swore for years we were the only losers who loved it [since NO ONE ELSE got it] than I met my best friend in 11th grade and turns out SHE was as obsessed with it as much as we are! We had GREASE 2 nights with ANOTHER friend from high school who confessed her love! lol

i love your hair ms. mason! all 300 lbs of it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...