Friday, January 16, 2009

Target's Home Design Event: My Finds!

I saw these two circular accessories when the event first started, but I wasn't about to pay full price for them. Then I got word that everything was 30% off and I took advantage of our "inclement cold weather" day off school and made the trip to pick these babies up.

I liked the grey color, but wanted them to be white. So I secured the bottoms with plastic bags, as to make sure that part stayed black, and then I spray painted them outside in the freeeezing cold. And, I know I was ideally supposed to wait until it was warmer, but I'm an impatient girl and wanted to put them in the office asap!

They really pop being white and look super sweet next to my "Disco Stu" plant from Wal-Mart {another $5 find : ) }!

10 comments:

melissa said...

Cute! I so need you to come over to my house and help me with this sort of stuff...If I had enough money, I'd just write you a check and let you loose in my house and tell you to have fun! Oh how I need to win the lottery!

Michael said...

LOVE IT!

J said...

I feel the same way Melissa!! Joi they look good you have great idea's and they work out well.

Katie said...

Very nice. It was definitely a good move with the white spraypaint...makes me wonder why they didn't just make them white in the first place :)

Suzie said...

Perfect! The plant is so cute too, I need to make another trip to WalMart! Thanks, Joi!

Anonymous said...

I was eyeballing those the other day, but wasn't sure about the gray either. You've totally made me want to go back and get them. Love the white!

leah @maritalbless said...

Look at you! You just love your spraypaint lol, you make everything better with it!

layersofmeaning said...

love it!

ThoughtsON said...

I saw those @ Target and loved them (although I have no place for them!) but I love them even better after your spraypaint job! Very nice!

Joi said...

Thanks everyone! I do love my spray paint! Such a cheap and easy fix!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...