Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, rattle, and roll...

or not?!? So by now, most of you that read my snazzy little blog, I'm sure, have heard about the earthquake today. Well I, my friends, cannot tell you how jipped I feel that not only did I not feel or even know the first one was going on at 4:37 a.m., but I also didn't feel the second one in the 10 o'clock hour! Everyone at school, students and staff alike--of course, were all a buzz about the earthquake today and I was bummed! I've never been in one, and while I know this was a very minor one, I wish I could see/feel what it was like. Oh well--time for my pity party about missing out on the earthquake to come to an end...hehe!

Positively speaking...my third shipment came from World Market today and my mirror was in one piece!!! Woo-hoo! I was so nervous to open the package because they no longer offer the mirror for purchase online and it is extremely rare to find it in store. But, low and behold, the mirror came safe and sound and now all I have to do is order 2 of the double bath sconces from Restoration Hardware and have my handy Father-in-law come up and work his magic ;-)!

3 comments:

Libbi said...

Don't feel alone...I completely missed it too! Lexie even barked and I told her to be quiet...never realized what was happening. Crazy! I did feel the 10 o'clock one though. I think that you are just so focused on your teaching that NOTHING can break your focus! hehe!

sidenote: we REALLY need to get together soon!

Joi said...

Yup! That must be it! I am such the dedicated teacher nothing can tear me away...;-).

I agree...let's get together soon...I'll email you :-)

The Juggling Francophile said...

Joi, I thought the same thing! I heard about it on the radio and said out loud (to myself), "What?! Here?!"

I felt nothing. I'm guessing I have a really comfortable bed and car, otherwise maybe I would have felt it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...