Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Townes // Two Months

Townsie is almost three months old but here's his two month update nonetheless! 

T O W N E S // 2 Months


GROWTH
  • Weighs 12 lbs 2 oz & 23.5" long
  • He took his shots ok; he did the dreaded silent cry after and then slept the entire rest of the day! He had a rocky next few days but has since rebounded in the 'tude department
  • Still rocking the dark brown eyes!
  • His skin is still super dry and his scalp has cradle cap. Per the pediatrician's advice, we apply vaseline to his body and wash his head with cetaphil. I see mild improvements but nothing drastic. Supposedly it should clear up by around 6 months. 
  • He fits comfortably in 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers



LOVES
  • Not a super huge lover of anything but he definitely prefers to be held versus anything else. 
  • He enjoys being sung to and talked to. 
  • He definitely does NOT enjoy his carseat and still cries a lot while in it. 
  • Against my strongest wishes and urgings, he has not been a fan of the paci either. Oh well! I gave it a valiant effort this time around--haha!


FIRSTS
  • Has been smiling for sure this month! No second guessing if it was just gas. :)
  • He rolled from belly to back at his 2 month check up!


EATING
  • He still eats every 2-3 hours and sometimes more. He still is not a comfort sucker like Theron was, unless he is really tired. He is efficient and once he's done, he wants to be up and looking around. 
  • During the week I nurse him about 6-8 times in a 24 hour period and pump 2-3 times. 
  • On the weekend I nurse him on demand. 
SLEEP
  • He takes 2-3 naps for my mother-in-law in the swing at her house during the week. He sometimes fusses/cries before them but never too bad. He does the same for us on the weekends. He ranges anywhere from 45 minutes - 3+ hours in the swing. We had one weekend where he cried and cried in the swing for naps but that seems to be the exception. We swaddle him for his naps and it seems to be working out ok. 
  • Nighttime sleep has gotten better after it got worse. I'll update in his three month post on that front!




PARENTING
  • Life with two kids is go-go-go! Theron's at such a fun age and he loves his baby brother! Having two scared me so much, but it hasn't been that bad. I think it's because David and I really tag team everything. We both have our "jobs" around the house and he tends to Theron while I tend to Townes. We both get up around 4:30 a.m. during the week and around 5-6 a.m. on the weekends. That makes time for us to be super productive before both of the boys wake up and require all of our attention. I'm still shocked I'm not more tired but I'm not. I'm not questioning it, because it's awesome. I'm able to clean up, meal prep, and take care off all the odds and ends almost before the sun rises. Hahah. I can't believe this is my life because I am a lover of sleep! 
  • I still get anxious waiting for Townes to cry but I feel like I'm getting better. He only really cries when he's tired and it's only an issue if we can't get him down in his swing or if we're out. I'm excited for him to get older and have more awake time. We will be sleep training in a few weeks as well. It worked well for Theron and I'm hoping it does for Townes too. 



xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...