Monday, February 11, 2013

Absolutely Awesomesauce Weekend

Yup.  It was THAT great.  One of my best friends, who I met in college almost 12 years ago, came in town to get some quality girl time in before she brings another cutie patootie baby boy into the world.  We talked and laughed A LOT, shopped, {maybe too much--whoops} and ate great food.  It was just what the doctor ordered for both of us.  Seriously, it was incredibly good for our souls {who cares if our checking accounts suffered?--ha!}

Cori and I first met at an all-call meeting for a Student Leadership group and then later joined the same sorority.  We have been through break-ups and make-ups, weddings & marriages, and are both surviving this crazy rollercoaster ride we call motherhood.


Motherhood has brought us as close as we can possibly be and I wish everyday that we lived closer so our boys could be BFFs.  Theron would love to have Ethan and Tate as his besties.  I see a lot of facetime in their futures.

This weekend we got to hit up Target and indulge in some Mexican food.  We shopped for our boys and ourselves and Cori got her first taste of bubble tea.


We spoiled each other's babies and had too much fun talking about anything and everything...Cori gets my love for shopping and understands my struggles raising a high maintenance child.  She's been there and is there. She is inspiring, comforting, and supportive.


We did make a couple big purchases together {both scoring Louis Vuittons we had been wanting--Sorry, D and B} but thrifted some baby clothes as well.  I really wish I didn't have to see her go.

I can't wait until April when the littlest Wren joins their sweet family and the Svezias can make the trek out to Indy!

I hope you all had a fun weekend, too!

xoxo

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds so fun! Love the tory wedges!!

-elise.
http://designinglifeandhome.blogspot.com

Chris | Team Sea-Squared said...

You guys look like you could be sisters!

Leslie G said...

I agree with C- that was the first thing I thought when I saw your pictures! Long lost sisters. Sunds like an amazing weekend- good friends and shopping are the best therapy!

Julie S. said...

That sounds like the perfect weekend. You guys are so lucky to have each other!

C said...

Um WOW! I am beyond flattered to read such a sweet blog post! As if I'm not blessed enough to have you in my life! Thanks Jo- for always being so encouraging and truly treating me as a sister. Family doesn't always have to be blood! I love you! And be expecting 2 things in the mail... You NEED them :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...