Here we are. 8 months! AND.... we have not gone totally insane (close, but not quite). As previously documented, you got off to a bit of a rough start with the whole "being alive" thing, what with your screaming and crying and reflux and such. But since about August/September, you have become a very different baby. That difference: you're fun now! Our days were anxiously spent waiting for your next meltdown which was 100% inevitable. Not anymore! Now, don't get me wrong, you are not quite the relaxed, easygoing baby that your mom was hoping for, but your turnaround has been quite remarkable. We have successfully (at least it appears) weened you off of all of your medicine (Nexium and regular usage of Mylanta)and there does not appear to be any issues with that. Along with that, your mom has gone back to a "normal" diet and there does not seem to be any negative repercussions with that either. It seems like the persistent reflux pain is not an issue anymore, or nearly as much. Please be sure to tell us if we're wrong. As far as you not being the calm baby your mom hoped for, well you have to be in and aware of everything. Why just sit calmly and play with a toy like some babies when you can go from sitting playing with toy A, to standing and playing with toy B, and laying on your tummy playing with toy C in 35 seconds? That's fun, right? I have assigned your intelligence to this "quirk" of yours.
More about you:
- You are a big fan of walks, especially when you get bundled up!
- You have discovered swinging at the "Tot Lot" which we go to regularly and you love it, love it, love it!
- Grandpa also likes testing the weight limits on the structures
- You've started to learn how to do your chores
- People say you look like your mom. I don't know if this is what they mean by that?
- You have a keen fashion sense and have been accused of "overdressing" for events.
- You apparently are ready to go to Russia
- You have your bottom 2 chompers and you have been working on those top 2 FOREVER. (Editor's note: as of press time the top left is in but there is no photo evidence of such)
- Walking? You're just about ready!
- Crawling??? Maybe not your thing
- You absolutely love getting out of this house, you get it from your mommy and unfortunately you like going shopping and we do the reverse cart position so you can see where we're going
- There is clearly a future in pharmaceuticals for you
- Or Optometry
- Or crafts
- Or music
- Or carpentry
- Or at Steak-N-Shake
- Or baseball
- Or weightlifting
- Or whatever we can do with this
- Important Days of your life:
- 1st Trip to the Pumpkin Patch
- Halloween (you were Clark Kent just like your daddy)
- Election Day (unfortunately you committed voter fraud)
- Thanksgiving (with Elvis)
- Meeting Santa Claus
(We weren't sure how it would go)
You may recall that we were previously concerned about your eating anything that doesn't come from your mommy. Well, you've gotten past that and you love to eat solids.
Most things (Avocados pictured here)
The sippy cup is quite vexing
Plus, as of right now, and don't you dare mess this up to spite us, you are sleeping all the way through the night! Even with people taking pictures of you!
It also must be said that a huge "thank you" goes to your Maw Maw and Paw Paw who watch you everyday and clearly can't find any enjoyment in it!