Monday, February 14, 2011

From My Heart To Yours

I know it's a little late for a Valentine's Day craft, but I'm here with one anyway. Better late than never, I suppose! Right, right...?

Good!

I was inspired to do this craft after reading one of Martha Stewart's old magazines that my school librarian gifted to me. I love that the people at school know me so well! He sent me an email asking if I wanted over 20 old issues and I accepted. Woo-to-the-hoo!

The project is simple and fast and could easily be recreated with other colors for decor for showers and birthdays. I chose pink and white because of Valentine's Day.

Photobucket

What you'll need:
- a pair of scissors
- some paper square napkins.

Photobucket

And, step by step photo instructions from yours truly {just in case you can't read or follow the magazine's instructions. I may or may not have ruined 10 or so napkins until I finally got it right--whoops!}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now, just in time for V-Day, we have a cute homemade runner with pink and white hearts galore!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope you have a fun day!!!

xoxo

19 comments:

Caitlin at the Desert Domicile said...

So cute!!!

Karen said...

That looks so pretty Joi, your librarian was so sweet to think of you. Happy Valentines Day!

Whitney said...

Love this!!!

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

That's adorable! I am definitely going to have to remember this for next Valentine's Day and maybe make some snowflake inspired ones next Christmas :)

Danielle said...

Totally cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

Suzie said...

Adorable!

Alena said...

So cute!! Thanks for sharing this.

Pam said...

Love these! I am totally gonna bookmark these for next year... or maybe mother's day! :)
happy Valentine's Day!

Wallpaper said...

This is too cute!!

Happy Valentine's Day!! xoxo

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kelly

Jennifer said...

Cute and cheap, just how I like it. I was also noticing your wedding rings--gorgeous!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

These are so cute, Joi. And every time I see that table, I swoon.

Happy Valentine's Day!

DecorandtheDog said...

Cute! Gotta love Martha!!

Oonafey said...

Adorable!

I just can't get over how gorgeous that table looks!

Sharstin said...

i love this--i will have to remember it for next year. Of course it looks even better on your fantabulous table~ hope your v-day has been smashing~

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

So cute Joi!
xx

Jessica @ Afternoon Sun said...

What a cute idea. I am so doing this next year. Oh Joi, how I wish you lived closer to me. I wish you could help me shop, and make my house beautiful like yours. Hope you had a beautiful V-day :)

Afternoon Sun

Jaye said...

The setting for your engagement ring looks really unique! Anyway to see a full picture of it and maybe the story behind it? You're doing a great job, keep it up!

malia said...

Hi, LOVE you blog! So happy to meet you...
Malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...