Thursday, June 11, 2009

White Wedding

As you know, a couple days ago we packed up and headed on a four day round trip to the beautiful and scenic Denver, Colorado for one of my most dear cousin's wedding. Melissa is her name and she has been not only a cousin to me but a dear friend and one of my bridesmaids in my own wedding. We're only about a year apart in age and have always had a ton of fun together...whether it be writing letters to each other as kids, spending a week in each other's home state, or spending time together when she lived here in the StL for grad school.

I adore her and have loved her boyfriend, now husband, from the minute I met him. Brian is a charming and sincere man who has loved Melissa unconditionally and its so obvious that they were meant to be.

I am so happy my schedule allowed me the time to witness these two tie the knot! Their wedding was so intimate and gorgeous.

Enjoy the pics of their wedding weekend and big day! : )

Meet Maw Maw and Veronica, my two co-pilots on our 13 hour roadtrip out to Colorado.
Photobucket
On the night we got into to town everyone was at a downtown hotel celebrating Brian's master's graduation so Melissa picked us up and brought us down to join in the festivities. Can you believe they celebrated their wedding and a graduation in the same weekend? That shows you just how organized they are {or crazy! ; ) }
Photobucket
Photobucket
On to the big day...here she is with her Dad and step-mom, Sue.
Photobucket
The beautiful matron of honor's bouquet
Photobucket
A couple of artsy shots of the wedding location. The University of Denver was absolutley lovely and the weather was sunny but cool. Loves it!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The chapel was very intimate and was just large enough to hold all of their guests. The architecture and design was beautiful!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Maw Maw and some of her sisters; the one in navy blue is Melissa's Me Maw.
Photobucket
Maw Maw and me!
Photobucket
The groom with his ushers, readers, and best man!
Photobucket
The groom with his soon-to-be little brother. This kid is the cutest kid ever. Spencer is 7 years old and has the best manners you will ever see in a kid. He extends his hand to shake yours when introduced! Who does this? I told his mom that I always wanted a girl {if we ever have children} but if my boy turns out like this then sign me up! : )
Photobucket
Melissa's brother, Joshua, and wife, Megan
Photobucket
Ceremony time...or more like crying time for me and the bride. I don't know what it is about weddings but keeping my composure during them is becoming more and more difficult. I didn't even cry at my own wedding!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A little blurry, but still so sweet. Enjoying their walk down the aisle as husband and wife.
Photobucket
That's it for the pre-ceremony and wedding. Stay tuned for reception pics coming later!

xoxo

5 comments:

Emily said...

There's a gorgeous chapel on DU's campus? Hmmm...Apparently I need to explore my own state. What a great wedding - I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to CO!

Suzie said...

Once again, love your photos! A graduation & wedding in one weekend? That's a lot of celebrating! :)

Tomcon00 said...

Very good!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Your photos turned out wonderfully. I love the church shots.

Michael said...

Joi...your pics are beautiful...the last one is beautiful...I love the expressions on their faces!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...