Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Day In The Life

So I guess I don't want to forget these busy days with my two littles. And maybe in a few years or months [one could hope! --haha!] I'll look back and laugh at the lack of sleep? Maybe. 

And, I know this post is more for me and less for readers...if any of you still exist...haha!

-Night of February 18th and Day of February 19th, 2016-

The evening before...

9:40 p.m.  I've been asleep for about an hour and I hear cries. Noooo....uggghhh...Townsie has only been down for a little over three hours.  It's his shortest first stretch of sleep in like a week. Always inconsistent, this kiddo. I check the monitor, he's on his belly and ok. I set my alarm for 10:30 p.m. and go back to bed. We're sleep trainers, and it worked wonderfully for Theron and we're trying for Townes. We know he can go nearly 8 hours because he's done it a handful of times. 

10:30 p.m.  My alarm goes off--looks like I fell back asleep--but Townsie is still crying.  I have Dave go in and rearrange him so maybe he's more comfortable. 

It doesn't work. Dang. 

11:00 p.m. I go in to nurse him. He takes about 45 minutes and he's back in the crib by just before midnight. 

4:10 a.m.  Townsie calls again! I go in to nurse him and lay him back in his crib at 4:50 a.m. He doesn't protest...small victory that's taken his whole little life to overcome!

4:50 a.m.  I stay up because I am usually up at this time anyway getting ready. I never know when Townsie will need me so getting up early to get myself and the day's stuff ready has really helped with our morning flow. Dave gets up at 5 a.m. and showers.

5:30 a.m  Dave and I are busy making breakfast, packing lunches, putting away dishes in the dishwasher, setting up Townsie's probiotic, administering Scoutie Bear's eye drops, and putting all of our school stuff in the cars.

5:50 a.m. I go in to wake Dude...sometimes hes already awake but today he's still snoozing. Yes! He's in a good mood. Of couse he asks, "Where's Daddy?" Loves Dave so much! He gets to wear sweatpants and his favorite color orange shirt because he's been on "green" all week at little school.  He almost got the privilege taken away last night because he was throwing a fit about wanting to do one last puzzle before bed. 

5:55 a.m. We go out in the dining room and he eats his dry cereal [usually it's sausage and toast but here recently he has stopped eating the toast and we ran out of sausage last night]. Dave joins him. I go get Townes and he's still sleeping.  Lately he's been awake already, but because his last feeding was so recent I'm happy and not surprised that he isn't up yet. 

6:00 a.m.  I medicate/Vaseline him up and change his diaper. He is battling really severe [at least in my momma eyes] eczema right now.  And I absolutely hate it that we can't get a handle on it. He seems like he's in a good mood. Two outta two! Sweet! Happy Friday to us. 

6:08 a.m.  I go out in the living room to nurse Townes and he nurses well.  Lately he's been getting distracted. Theron is playing with his magna tiles and Dave is cleaning up. 

6:20 p.m. Dave gets Townes into the carseat--sans tears! And then he puts Theron in his. I'm on my way to GC to drop Townsie off at my in-laws and head to my school day! Dave drops Theron off and then is headed to school himself.  Theron doesn't have big school today and is pumped because it is supposed to be unseasonably warm today! 

7:00 a.m.  I arrive in GC without any screams from Townsie. He got a little miffed right when we got to GC but nothing too major. Kid has hated his carseat since about birth. 

7:15 a.m.  I nurse Townsie again but not for long. He's more interested in toys. He's so busy lately. 

7:40 am.  I leave for school, which is just about a mile away-talk about convenience! 

8:00 am.  School starts! I have a student teacher and she is good. Sweet! She is in her intensives so she is teaching all of my classes. Thus the reason I am able to type this up--haha! 

8:30  Make my to-do list and start on it. I enter some teaching stuff into a database to keep my certificate current, call to order candy for our Foreign Language Club, pay off Dave's balance for our teacher/student Italy tour this summer, send texts to confirm a location for my student's salsa dancing field trip, & call Townsie's pedi for more eczema advice and for a possible dermatologist rec. 

10:00  Duty calls! It's time for my first pumping session of the day. Luckily my student teacher is here and I can do it during the peer tutoring study hall and not my lunch half-hour. 

10:30  Eat lunch [chicken flavored rice, a banana, and some oreos--yup, still dairy free!] and chit chat a bit before the kiddos role in for 4th hour. 

11:15 a.m. The pedi calls back and confirms that I can continue to lather Townes up with the prescribed ointment. She calls me in a bigger prescription that will last longer. I make some calls to the tour company for our Italy trip again [this time for clarification on some major points], fill out paperwork for FLC candy fundraiser, and call a Jostens representative to order more medals for a student recognition ceremony I'm in charge of. Check email and pop in to my fourth hour to make things are going okie dokie!

12:15  Stay to watch my 5th hour start and make sure they're ok!

12:30 p.m.  Duty calls yet again! Time to complete my second pumping session of the day. I pump in the open office next to my room with a giant window. The sun is shining and I catch up on social media. 

1 p.m. It's almost my prep hour! I head out right at 1:10 p.m. to run some errands and pick up some aquaphor for Townsie's skin. Here's hoping it seals in the moisture! I make a quick stop at Lee's Chicken for two teas for my student teacher and me. The windows are down and it feels heavenly, besides having a major weird looking bug in my car--¡no me gusta! 

2:10 p.m.  The last class period of the day is beginning. I'm still waiting on EF Tours to call me back and meanwhile I use my time to write some tardy referrals--dang, kiddos. Get to class on time! This class is loud but fun. They like to learn and they really love my student teacher. It makes me happy.  

3:10 p.m.  School's out and I'll be at my in-laws in less than ten minutes! I'm hoping Townes is still in a good mood and napped well for my mother-in-law. She wanted to take him on a walk and I'm anxious to see if they went and how he tolerated it. It's eerily like the carseat he doesn't so much love so you just never know. 

4:00 p.m. I head home and hope Townes takes it easy on me. He was a little "off" for my mother in law and just seemed to be not himself. Just when I thought he started tolerating his carseat he goes and flips it on me. He does take it mostly easy and we're home by 4:45 p.m.  I got to fit in a quick talk with my Texas best friend since Townsie fell asleep. 

--The night time flies by with dinner, playtime, baths, and story time. Theron's in bed by 7 p.m. and Townes beats him to it by being in bed by 6:30 p.m. He goes down easily and I'm hoping for a long first stretch--fingers crossed!

9:40 p.m.  Uh oh...I hear my Townsie crying....and so it begins....


1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Oh my goodness, momma. Having one baby isn't easy. But two? You are officially my hero. I loved reading this post - I know it probably doesn't always feel like it to yourself, but you do such a magnificent job of making ti all work. So inspired by how you can balance your passions, career, family and friendships.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...