Monday, July 27, 2015

Nursery for Baby #2

So I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and I can't believe it! I think because I'm a teacher and had the entire summer off this pregnancy has flown by! I feel pretty good and definitely cannot complain. 

We started working on the baby's nursery pretty much right after school got out. I didn't really have a plan of action until one night I was exploring on Instagram and this pic was recommended to me. 


Immediately I wanted to recreate it in the nursery; it was the jumping off point for sure!

I read Kelsey's blog post about the process and also Vintage Revivals original blog post tutorial as well. Once I was convinced I wanted to take this on, I roped in Dave to be my math guy. I can trace and outline but measuring is not my forte. I wish I had a "math brain" but I just was not blessed with that attribute. 

It took David a good 4-5 hours to measure and draw the entire pattern with a pencil and then it took me about three hours to trace over it with an oil based Sharpie pen [purchased at Michael's]. 


Kelsey used a few of the pens on her wall but my wall only took one. We do have pretty basic flat walls so that may be the case. Once everything dried I took a magic eraser to the rest of the wall to rid it of any stray pencil markings. It worked like an absolute charm. I am thrilled with the outcome and am so thankful to David for having the patience to make this happen!


We are reusing a lot of the furniture and [pretty much everything else] from Theron's baby days. 

I absolutely loved having a glider [although it looks like our particular glider nearly doubled in price since I bought it three years ago!] with Theron and hope it will be the same way for this baby. I can't even begin to imagine how many hours I clocked in that chair, nursing my Theron Drake. We're also reusing the pouf, although as of today I want to get a new one, and the crib is in tip top condition so that's going for round #2 as well. 


I know the room looks very mono chromatic right now but you guys know me and can assume, correctly, that I have since added some color. I can't seem to stay away no matter how hard I try! 

I'll definitely be sharing some updated pics soon! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

xo

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Joi and David - you two are like the dream team. You have such a beautiful eye for design and Dave is obviously a saint to do all that measuring. (Measuring is definitely not my favorite.) Love how it turned out!

Freckles Chick said...

Hey how do I get my dude to bust out projects like this?! ;-) I'm terrible at math. And motivation right now. I'm loving this!! Can't buh-lieve you're getting so close. Have you narrowed down names?

Love you all,
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...