The previous owners had painted it a deep red and I repainted it almost immediately to a light blue-gray by Benjamin Moore. I think the color was called "Grey Owl."
We had originally, upon move in, replaced their carpet with more carpet. But since our aging dog has seemed to revert to baby tendencies, we made the decision to rip the carpet up and extend the hardwood we laid in the rest of our home into our master and hallway as well.
Additionally, I decided I wanted a little more architectural detail in this room by adding some wainscoting. I researched DIY tutorials and pinned some good options but ultimately my father-in-law found a company, I think based in Canada, that ships pre-made wood to you that fits together like puzzle pieces. He so sweetly prepared it for us and installed it and David and I caulked and painted it.
I am thrilled with how it turned out and with the flooring now installed I think it definitely makes the space look more custom. It also helps to ground the room since the vaulted ceilings make it seem so large.
In the above pictures we still hadn't installed our baseboards but that now has been completed. We're waiting on moving everything back in until our new jute rug comes sometime soon. I'm excited to pull the space back together.
Thanks for checking in!