Monday, August 18, 2014

Master Bedroom Progress

It's funny how I was SO borderline obsessed with all things DIY and/or home decor related for years and then I just stopped updating things or buying home stuff. We have quite a few updates to make in the kitchen plus home improvement issues on the exterior that have had us saving up for major renovations rather than buying lots of decorative things. 

But, we have made super small updates to the master bedroom recently.  

After our recent trip to IKEA, I decided to put the two prints we bought above our bed.  I'm not convinced they'll stay there forever but I like how they fill the space. And, yes, I'm still relying on my iPhone for blog pictures. The DSLR seems like a lot of work nowadays. Lazy I suppose. 


To the left of this space is our closet and an area that needed something. I had thought about putting a tall dresser there but then remembered I had the World Market desk and that it would be perfect in the space. It gives me a nice work space and looks like it was meant to be here. 


The styling is nothing to write home about but it works for real life. It's kinda my motto right now. 


I got lucky at the Goodwill [surprise, surprise!] with this little cane chair for a steal!

The next project in here is to actually settle on a rug-not just a place holder, possible install hardwoods, and install board and batten on the walls.  

It's all coming together slowly but surely! 

And now, I'm off to watch more beauty guru YouTube videos--my newest obsession! 

xoxo

4 comments:

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Looks great. I love the sidetables/dressers you have. Where are they from?

And did you know - in Canada no one says "hardwoodS". It is just "hardwood".

Funny eh? (yes, I said "eh" on purpose :-)

Unknown said...

Always your bedroom is looking good, and I love your new lamps!

Unknown said...

Looks great! Where did you find that awesome mirror hanging above your desk?

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

It's lovely. I really want you to come visit and help me do this thing you call "styling." Painting and renovating and the big stuff, I can do. But this styling you speak of just escapes me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...