Dad, here. You turned 4 months recently (August 8th to be exact) and believe it or not everybody has survived thus far. If you recall, you made the first few months...um.... a nightmare from time to time (more often than not unfortunately). But now, things have improved for you which in turn has made things better for your mom and therefore things are better for me as well.
At your 4 month check up you measured in at 26" long (so big)
And 16 pounds 11 1/2 ounces. So... healthy (that's what they say for "'big babies")
In case you don't recall, which you don't since you lack the cognitive ability to do so, you have been dealing with some pretty intense (actually in throat) silent reflux. We took you to a GI specialist who prescribed you the top dog of reflux medicine and thanks to the help of your Aunty Em we have found some medicine to work for you. YOU ARE BECOMING FUN TO HANG OUT WITH! Yay!
I don't know if it's the medicine, mom's diet (she can eat... well nothing), or the fact that you are older, but you have so many good days and hours. We used to fear the moments when you weren't feeding, but now things have gotten so much better!
We're not totally out of the woods, you still are moody (high-needs?) and you do have your moments. But now the moments are when you are not so good, as opposed to when your moments were when you were good.
Life is so much better for you as well as your mom (tear-free) and we hope things getting better!
Some more things about you:
- You've started talking. This video (it's black because it was filmed before you fell asleep), but it does have audio.
- We used to Swaddle You, but had to stop after an unfortunate accident when I was in charge.
- You like being in your Jumperoo!
- Bath time is a smash time! (The picture has you covered so this blog doesn't receive an "R" rating)
- Car rides = MUCH BETTER! We switched you to a new car seat, Britax Marathon, you are digging it (and you don't even need a shovel)
- You love to stand!
- You are a BumPro (Bumbo Pro). You are so close to sitting up by yourself! That is a big accomplishment with that big noggin of yours!
- You and I have been known to coordinate our outfits
- Favorite toy - keys! (Or anything you can put in your mouth)
- Speaking of putting things in your mouth, how about a pacifier???
And speaking of things to work on, how about 2 things which will be important for you for, oh I don't know, ever!
1. Take a bottle or something other than breastfeeding. That's right, you scream like you are being tortured as the bottle approaches your mouth. "Try different bottles, dad" you might say. Five different bottles to be exact, son. "Try you and mom leaving for a whole day and having me spend the day with my grandmas and MawMaw and the only food I will get will be from the bottle, dad." Tried it and you won... the battle (not the bottle), but not the war (yet).
2. It's this thing called "sleep". First, could you fall asleep without having a nuclear meltdown in the minutes (50 last night) leading up to sleep. Then, when you do fall asleep could you stay asleep for more than, oh I don't know, an episode of Dateline (the Friday night 2-hour episodes). EVERYBODY would appreciate that. Why don't think of somebody other than yourself once in a while. "Dad, I'm 4 months old, I don't even understand who anybody else, let alone what their needs are and I have no idea how my actions affect those needs. So explain to me how I am supposed to not be selfish. I don't even know what I need." Touche, son.
At the end of the day, Dude, your mom and I love you so much, and even though you have made things so tough around here, we are happy you are with us. Mainly because you are so cute (thank goodness for you).