Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bedroom Makeover {Take 3?}

You guys know me pretty well by now. You know that I love to decorate and change things up. I get a lot of flack from my family about the rotating designs in our home, but I can't help it. Decorating is my hobby, and when one project is finished it's time to move on to the next one. That's how I justify it; hey, it works for me!

Maybe if I did this sort of thing for a living, I wouldn't change my own home so much! Haha...now that's a thought, right?

Anyhoo, I mentioned that little Apartment Therapy House Tour a few days ago and when it rolled around I decided I needed to change up the bedroom.

Now you see, that thought had been on the back burner of my mind for awhile and the House Tour just kicked that desire into high gear.

Everything kind of fell together and I like it like that. First up, was a change of nightstands. I have wanted for a long while to break up the bedroom set that we've had for over 5 years {that's like an eternity at our house} with some vintage pieces.

Photobucket

My dear buddy craigslist came through with a great new set and within a day, they were mine.

Photobucket

Then, I spotted some great lamps on craigslist and they became mine as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we picked up the lamps we stopped at an antique mall and I spotted two great twin wicker headboards for only $18. I snagged those bad boys up and zip tied them together to make for a queen headboard. Ever since Nicole posted about this headboard, I had not been able to get that image out of my head.

Photobucket

I think my new one mimics this one and I'm thrilled!

I have long adored this inspiration image and decided it was time to replicate the pillows you see with the aqua trim.

Photobucket

Instead of aqua, I used a deep purple and bought some coordinating shams from Crate and Barrel. I had the leopard pillow in the office and decided to bring that in to the bedroom. I played pillow switcheroo for awhile until I found one that was just right.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used Jenny's tutorial to make mini-blind roman shades {even though I miscalculated the amount of fabric I needed} and hung those up in place of the others.

And, that's not all, but I think this post is long enough! Stay tuned for a couple shots of the rest of the room.

Stay warm, friends!

xoxo

23 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I love the changes!!! The ribbon pillows are so cool. Cannot wait to see more! = )

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

Looks great and vintage and electic and everything that screams JOI! Great lamps, I think I need these for my living room. NEED.

Anonymous said...

hi joi! love your new bedroom look. just curious what key words you used when you searched for your nightstands on CL? i am looking for a pair exactly like yours but am having trouble finding a matching pair of dressers/chests, etc.

Unknown said...

The room looks incredible! I think those lamps are possibly the coolest thing I've seen in a while! You keep me reading girl!!
My living room was featured on AT renest yesterday.. it's no home tour but hey:)

Unknown said...

Looks great! I really love those nightstands and lamps, great score! Wish Tampa was half as good as the CL you seem to have!

Decor I Adore said...

I absolutely adore the headboard(s)! And those lamps are to die for!

Grace Ng said...

What a great deal for your headboard! I love it! And the lamps...oh, say no more!

Kristen said...

loooove the pillows, and i think i'll be trying this for my bedroom as well! thanks :)

oh, and the headboard steal is so awesome. congrats to you for that steal of a deal!!!

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Love it, Joi! I'm always in love with how you mix pattern and color and make it all look fabulous. Loving your new bedroom, and great job with your Craigslist finds!

lemondropdreams said...

The headboard looks amazing, never would have guess it was two into one. I catch flack from my family for always painting, but I have to live her so oh well...

Anonymous said...

love your headboard! that is a great idea and it looks great :)

Hilary @ My So-Called Home said...

I love the items you've brought in, especially the lamps and the ribbon trimmed pillows. I think maybe the mirrors behind the lamps need to be adjusted/removed, no? Looks beautiful though.

niartist said...

Joi, it looks great! And those lamps are FABULOUS! I've been searching for bedside tables myself for quite a while to no avail! Having some big enough to accomodate those lamps would be my dream! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Bravo!

jen leitzell said...

I love the changes! Your craigslist finds and DIY projects always inspire me as I work to decorate my apartment!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love it all! So eclectic but perfect. You know what you are doing, girl.

Karen said...

I love it Joi,more please!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Joi, you are so good!

Sharstin said...

joi! i adore you--you are so creative and fabulous! this room looks amazing! i lve your finds, especially the headboard--perfection! you really should decorate for a living girly!

Camille @ The Vintique Object said...

First the lamps. Yay for chunky brass! So beautiful. And I also really love your DIY pillow shams. Why on God's green earth do I not personally know anyone like you? You make me feel not-so-crazy with your Craigslist perusing, pillow swapping self. Also, I posted that Spain green door pic. Thank you for your permission!

emily said...

I am loving all of your changes. It looks great! How did you attach the ribbon to the shams? And what kind of ribbon did you use?

Anonymous said...

That's it. You MUST have us over. You MUST!!!!!!!! I suggest a spring fling of some sort.
PLEEEEEAAASE!
xoxopaige

Freckles Chick said...

Only you can manage to mix unexpected colors/patterns & finish w/ a room worthy of Lonny or Domino! I absolutely love the whimsical headboard....reminds me of a peacock tail. ADORE!!!!

Julie S. said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...