Tuesday, October 6, 2009

7 Years

It's been 7 long years, and yet some days it feels like only moments. I still miss your laugh. Your voice will never leave me and when I think it may, I pop in our old VHS tapes and relive some of our best moments together. I miss your obnoxious behavior even when it embarrassed me. I miss our talks about our weddings and what we'd name our kids. I miss you talking about school and boys and everything in between. I miss my best friend. I.miss.you.period.

Not a second goes by that I don't wish that awful car accident didn't take you away from all of us. But like I always say in my writings to you and myself, the days only get shorter. We can only hope that you're dancing away up there on the sandy beaches for all us. Life will never be the same without you. My heart and life will always have a little empty space where your presence should be.

I love you, Emily Anne, and always will. Today, I choose to remember you and lift your memory up. You will never be forgotten.

xoxo

7 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. It is always so unfair when someone young is taken from us.

Jill said...

I haven't been following your blog for too terribly long and I'm sad to say that this is the first that I've read about your friend. I'm terribly sorry that you had to go through all this pain. The unknown of how things happened and I'm sorry for your other friends that were in the car.

I wouldn't know how to deal with this but it's so nice that you still remember and raise her up when you are down. What a great friend. She's got to be praising you today...

Stephanie said...

SO beautifully said! I'm sorry for your loss.

Tomcon00 said...

You touch me every year with your words for Emily. I loved her too and miss her along with you and Dave. My prayers to Dave, Roni and Josh always. To You Emily...We love and miss you. Connie

Lynett said...

I to lost a very close friend 8 years ago and although time heals all, memories are never forgotten. I'm sorry for your loss.

###### said...

your heart is still in my prayers.

Freckles Chick said...

I remember when I started following your blog, Joi (almost 2 yrs ago I think?) and I first read about Emily......how you put into words so beautifully your friendship and "sisterhood". I can't imagine how sad this time of year must be for you. But know that you have done an amazing job of ensuring her memory lives on. I didn't know Emily, but this resonates w/ me everytime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...