Friday, August 1, 2008

Tag-I'm It!

Thanks to my girl, Freckles Chick, for the sweet tag. Let's get to it, shall we?

The challenge is to post 6 random things about me-so here goes....

6 Random Things About Joi

1. I can blow bubbles off my tongue. Not sure how I acquired this talent nor do I really know how I even found out I could do this--but everyone always wants to see me do it!

2. I can pop my gum with the best of them. Not just your one time simple pop, but more like firecrackers going off in my mouth. I love to do it and try to explain to people how I do it, but most people can never copy it. I know one thing, it annoys the heck out of my family and probably those around me. I swear---I'm trying to quit! ;-)

3. I've never smoked a cigarette, been drunk, or high. I am probably the most straight-laced person you will ever meet in your life. But, I'm not boring--promise!

4. I've only made one 'B' in all my years of college, the rest were 'A's---undergrad and grad school {only 2 classes to date} combined!

5. I hate movies. I only go to the show once every couple years. I think it's my short attention span. It's odd to me, but that's ok!

6. I am 1/4 Japanese but I don't look like it. My dad's mom was 100% Japanese and she met my grandfather during WW2. I am super envious that I don't look Asian. Every time I watch Jon and Kate + 8 on TLC I get a twinge of jealousy because I am just as Asian as those cuties and they look 20x more Asian than I look! Not fair! I guess it's ok though, because my dad is 1/2 Asian {obviously} and looks more Mexican or Italian....no one ever guesses that he is Japanese. So I'm not alone in this injustice ;-).


If you're reading this and haven't been officially tagged--do it! The rules are below, even though I didn't follow them!

So here are the Tag rules (do with them what you will):
1. Link to the person who tagged you (i.e. me)
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger (me) know when your entry is posted

5 comments:

Michael said...

I've never tried smoking or any kind of drug either. But one drink and I'm drunk...it's kind of pathetic.

Tomcon00 said...

Sorry my darling daughter, but you do not get the "most straight-laced person you will every meet in your life" category all by your lonesome! I am 52, that is 26 years older than you, therefore I have never smoked a cigarette, been drunk, or high, for 26 years longer than you! But, I am still very proud of you!!!!!! I don't think I'm boring either, but back int he 70's "ALOT" of people thought I was!! Believe me!!! There was a song by Jackson Browne, "My Red Neck Friend". Most of my friends, including your dad, said this was my theme song! I LOVE YOU JUST EXACTLY LIKE YOU ARE, with every piece of my heart and more!!!

Freckles Chick said...

I love your random things. I swear this is the last tag.......for awhile =o)

Maybe it's b/c I'm asian, but I've always thought you look Hawaiian! You're gorgeous!

OK, lady, only one B?!! I should have hung out w/ you in college b/c I could have definitely partied less and studied more. Hence, my "non straight" A's ;)

Suzie said...

I'm with FC! I thought you looked ethnic (Hawaiian) but i wasn't quite sure!

Teal Chic said...

I've never smoked nor have I ever been on any type of drug in my life. I am not a big fan of movies either. I completed this last week, and it was so difficult.....if I'd seen your answers I would have only had to think of 4! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...