Monday, July 7, 2008

Hottest Day of the Year...

...and I decide to spend it outside, sweating profusely, digging/moving dirt and lifting/arranging bricks! Call me crazy, but like my sweet husband says, when I get an idea in my head that I want to do, I do it. Remember the before picture of the side of our house...
Well here it is today! Sorry for all the shade, I took the pic in the late afternoon!
I really wanted to finish placing all the bricks but I just got too hot and tired. My hands are hurting because I didn't wear gloves {silly, I know, but I feel like I can't manuever as well with them on}. I got a little over half-way done with the bricks but the plants will have to wait until Wednesday. I can't get back out there tomorrow because I have to take Paw Paw to an appointment and then I have class at night. Hopefully it'll all be finished by Wednesday night! : )

7 comments:

Tomcon00 said...

GOOD JOB KID! I'm proud of you! Love you MOM

AshleyD said...

Hi there Joi! Just wanted you to know that I read your blog and think it's great. :) I love catching up with you two. I started one of my own, so anything you can do to plug it on your page would be awesome. Thanks!

lifeofashleyd.blogspot.com

Jen M said...

Looks great! Good idea to lay the bricks flat to create a mowing strip.

melissa said...

I just got caught up on your blog! I haven't read it for a while- you have been BUSY!!!!! It all looks great-trim, yard, etc. Now, you're going to freak, but I just did my front yard- straightened it up, pulled weeds, thinned plants, etc. and I'm gonna post it as soon as I get some pics....great minds think alike!!!!

suzie said...

Looking Good!

G&D said...

Oh wow--looks great! And I never wear gloves either. I feel so incompetent w/them on--like I can't move my fingers properly, lol.

The Juggling Francophile said...

Wow, way to rock the bricks, Joi -- also, i love the new pic of you and dave on the sidebar thingy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...