Friday, August 21, 2015

THERON Talks

Kinda like TED Talks, haha, even though I don't even know what those are. 

A couple years ago I bought this mother's journal and wrote in it occasionally about stuff but then stopped. So typical of me. I want to get back to writing sweet/sentimental/simple/crazy/tiring moments in there on a daily basis but I don't have much hope for myself! It should be easy because it's only intended as a "one line a day" quick recap but I'm still failing. 

Anyhoo...David and I have been talking about how much Theron has been talking lately and we don't want to forget any of it. For so long we hoped and prayed to hear his little voice and now he doesn't stop. He also uses so many hand motions and facial expressions that add a definite amount of sass to his convos!

THERON talks:

While at Grandma and Papa's house outside...and pointing at me frantically:
Theron [going inside]: I just be wight back, mommy. You stay here. 

While talking about friends:
Theron: We buddies. 
Joi: Who?
Theron: Me and Daddy! 
Joi: Can I be your buddy?
Theron: No, mommy! 
Joi: How come? 
Theron: Betause you a girl, mommy. Nobody's your buddy. 

While talking about potty problems:
Joi: Theron, why did you potty in your pants at school?
Theron: Betause I tired, mommy. 

Again...about potty problems:
Joi: Theron, why did you potty in your pants at school?
Theron: Betause I do, mommy!

When we're going anywhere for the day...
Joi/David: We're going to ________.
Theron: Do they have toys over dere?
Joi/David: Probably. 
Theron: Do they have gummies over dere?
Joi/David: Maybe. 
Theron: Do they have chippies over dere?
Joi/David: Maybe!
Theron: Do they have loader over dere?
Joi/David: I think so!

When telling Theron not to do something:
David/Joi: Theron, don't hit/throw/whine etc. ...
Theron: Don't tell me to..., mommy/daddy!

When talking about food:
David: Did you drink milk at school today?
Theron: No, Daddy!
David: Did you drink juice, buddy?
Theron: No, Daddy! Juice yucky. I yike water. Water's good [sounding like he's German with the "goot" pronunciation]. Water is yummy in my tummy!

And not necessarily conversations but it's so dang cute when he starts + finishes all of his sentences/requests with mommy&/daddy. For example:
Theron: Mommy, I wanna go swimming, mommy!
Theron: Daddy, I wanna ride my twactor, daddy!
Theron: Mommy, more water, pease, mommy!

When talking about his favorite show, Price is Right:
Theron: Mommy, I watch Drew, mommy!
Joi: Ok! Have you been a good listener?
Theron: Yes, Mommy! I watch house game [a random commercial] & puppy gog [another random commercial], too!

When asking what we do on certain days [we obviously are pretty consistent!]:
Joi: It's Friday, Theron! What's that mean?
Theron: Pizza day!
Joi: Yes! You're right! What do we do tomorrow then?
Theron: We go choo-choo store [It's a actually a toy store in a nearby town]! Den, Seak-n-shake! I eat chicken, sries [can't say his "f"s] and water!
Joi: Ok! We'll go if you're good! What about Sunday?
Theron: Hawdee's day! [David and I have went to Hardee's almost every Sunday for nearly 15 years! haha!]
Joi: Yup! You're right!

I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now. I'm glad I wrote these down because I don't want to forget anything at all! It's like I can hear his little voice saying all of this again! 

xo

3 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

I love this!! I am so glad that he is doing so well with his speech!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

It sounds like he's doing so well! They are so hilarious and I love reading all the cute things they say.

Henry tells me all the time to be quiet.

Freckles Chick said...

Haha "You're a girl, nobody's your buddy! Man did I love reading his ramblings!!! He's rocking it, so stoked about his progress. Quinn keeps telling me to "Geez calm down."

PS. My computer crashed & I lost all of my addresses! Can you shoot me yours via text or email?

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...