Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Decorations

I love decorating for Christmas. I wasn't always the biggest fan of lugging what seemed like thousands of boxes up from my mom's basement when I was kid to decorate all day long, but now that I have my own home it's a little different. I do love the holidays and enjoy putting my own decorations up. Last year I finally ordered my dream white Christmas tree and changed to pink, silver, white, and gold goodies. It's perfectly girly and I appreciate Dave's tolerance. I've said it many times before, but he truly is the best there is.

For awhile now, David and I have made a little tradition of watching Elf while we decorate the tree. I adore that movie and can't watch the whole thing without crying like a baby. I just love Buddy the Elf!

I don't go quite as Christmas-crazy as my mom does but I can finally admit to loving to decorate!
: )

Here are a couple of shots from this year's get-up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Have you decorated yet? I'd love to see it! Post a link and consider me a guest in your home.

xoxo

19 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

LOVE you stockings ! We just finished decorating yesterday, it's so much fun.

The Sister Sophisticate said...

I have Christmas decorating envy!

Meg said...

the white tree suits your home perfectly. beautiful.
you are hereby invited to the start of my Christmas home view:
http://mt-tails.blogspot.com/2011/12/ho-ho-ho-its-december-1.html

Lauren Clark said...

Love the Big White Christmas Tree - we just bought one this year and I just think they look so whimsical! Check out my tree at http://prudencedesignspot.blogspot.com/

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Love the white tree...makes me want to get one! :) We haven't put our tree up yet, but I did decorate our fireplace mantel...here is a link to my post...

http://mandyford.blogspot.com/2011/11/decking-mantel.html

Danya said...

So adorable! Love the white tree! I've always been a real tree kind-of-girl, but you may have just won me over with the white. Good job!

I went simple this year. As we're planning a cross country move, I haven't had time for much else, and I have to say, the less I have to pull out (or pack up), the better.

Thanks for posting!

Danya @ PinkPeonyStyle.com

Britt said...

I love everything especially the stockings. I now want a white tree.

7 Year Wedding said...

The tree looks amazing Joi!!!!!

Lenya x

jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your decorations Joi! Thinking we have pretty similar tastes!!
xx

JB said...

Love the white tree looks so lovely in your home !!!

Carmel @ Our Fifth House said...

Your tree is beautiful! I got a white tree this year and I love it! The ornaments just really stand out so much more against the white! Hope your feeling well! Boys are so much fun!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

The tree is just so 'you.' It's so pretty, but also modern and fun! And it just fits in your room so perfectly. I'm also a huge fan of the tinsel garland wreath. I think I need to try to make one for myself.

Leah said...

It looks SO different from our Christmas decorations, but it's gorgeous and totally you!

Suzie said...

I love it too, joi! Dave is the best! :)

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

Your tree is quite gorgeous and I am in love with the mini ones particularly when the rest of the room is dark. Great looking decor, Joi! I have just posted my mantle
http://lminteriorsllc.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-i-decorated-my-mantle-for-christmas.html

LindsB said...

I love that your husband was on board with getting a white tree with pink decorations- he's a keeper!

My husband and I have a tradition of watching Home Alone when we decorate the tree- I love that every year we do the same thing!

Nikki said...

Everything is so pretty! I really like all of the white and sparkly things.

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

LOVE the decor!!

Mrs. Limestone said...

Your house is looking great. I've always wanted a white tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...