Sunday, July 25, 2010

10 Years Out

I know some of you know that Dave and I have been out of high school a whopping 10 years! This past weekend we spent Friday and Saturday celebrating with old classmates and friends who we hadn't seen in years.

In high school David and I were just friends. He was the goofy, class clown with a very serious girlfriend and I was the goody-goody who talked to everybody. We have known each other since 7th grade, but only started dating after high school. It happened very naturally and neither of us expected it--David had broken up with his girlfriend and was kind of at a loss for friends right at the beginning of the summer of our freshman year in college. My group of friends invited him to hang out and really from that point on we were always together. It's nice being friends first and then bf/gf! He's my best friend and I'm lucky we ended up together.

Oh, and our Senior year of high school both of us were on Student Council and additionally we were both 1st and 2nd Vice President! Guess who gets the lucky job of planning your reunion...yup, us!

Months ago we started planning this shin-dig and I'm happy to report that the mixer & reunion were both huge successes. We had a very small committee of willing helpers and without them this show would not have happened. I'm not so sure I'm in for planning our 20 year--as that's pretty far away and my mood could change. Planning this 10 year was worse than planning a wedding--we'll see if I remember those sentiments in 10 more years. ; )

Friday night was an informal mixer at a bar in our hometown and my most favorite part of the weekend.

Dave and I started off looking like this but my appearance went downhill fast, and it wasn't due to alcohol!

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure the bar tender forgot it was the hottest day of the year and refused to turn up the ac! I probably sweated off 5 pounds! Please excuse my sweaty and shiny self! ; )

Photobucket

Tony and me! He's one of the sweetest and fun people I have ever met! He and my BFF are roomies in Houston and make the big bucks being engineers. Love him!

Photobucket

Dave with Sarah, my BFF who lives in Houston.

Photobucket

Saturday night was more formal with a sit-down dinner + drinks and dancing. That night was pretty successful and we had around 140 people show up. I know people had fun by the looks of our alcohol tab and facebook statuses!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We started the evening looking like this, but somehow my hair started doing its own thing. Ugh, I'd really love some thicker hair someday!

Photobucket

Dave with his homecoming court partner, Jessica, reenacting their court pose. This girl has been a friend for life and I just love her. She's one of those people who I may not see for years, but when we do see each other it's like we always see each other. I love that feeling.

Photobucket

They later broke it down on the dance floor and it was too funny.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I tried to take random shots of people so that I'd have something to remember this night by--being in charge leaves little time for actual fun.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The two girls on the left were friends since gradeschool! Emily and Rachel lived less than a block away from each other and I was at one of their houses all the time. We had great memories together and it made me feel so happy to see them. Sarah, on the right, had been a great friend since middle school!

Photobucket

Sarah with Chrissie, one of the nicest people in our class. That girl has such a genuine soul!

Photobucket

Jessica and Rach-two of my oldest friends. The funny thing about Jessica and me is that her grandma and my maw maw are best friends, my mom and her mom were best friends in highschool and have since rekindled their friendship, and Jess and I were good friends in highschool! I love the three generations of friendships. : )

Photobucket

Tearing up the dance floor-oh for about the last 20 minutes of the night. I guess people needed their liquid courage.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The qualities obviously a little dark but funny nonetheless. This guy has been in my life since the 4th grade and our history is full of ups and downs but he will always be in my heart and one of my dearest friends. Oh, and he is quite the dancer as you can see!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

And, last but not least, I end my post with a shot of three of my most favorite guys {minus my hubby--he is THE greatest}.

Photobucket

On the left you have Ty, my 7th grade crush and one-time boyfriend who promised me if we weren't married by 25 we'd get married! Too funny. I'm taken and he's with a lovely girl right now. I met him on a float trip in 7th grade and thought I was in love. Ha! After my crush wore off he quickly became one of the best guy friends I could have ever hoped for.

Next we have Bobby, my best friend and worst enemy at times. He may drive me crazy {as I'm sure I've driven him crazy as well} but he is one of the best people I know. He chased me since the 4th grade and let's just say it has been quite a rollercoaster ride since. No matter what, I'll always be there for him and I know I can count on the same from him for me.

And, last we have Mr. Brett Briggs. He's a new daddy {my first good friend to have a baby!} and I just love those dimples. I've known him since 9th grade and thought he was such a cutie-we became quick best friends after he and Emily {my best friend who died 8 years ago} started dating. No matter where life takes us--I know that kid will always be in my heart and a part of my life. ♥

And that ends the mush for this post! ; )

xoxo

9 comments:

TLF said...

Your eyelashes look ah-mazing! What mascara do you use??

###### said...

you look gorg...looks like yall had fun...hope dave is feeling 1000000000%.

tam

Unknown said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!! You looked beautiful! =)

Lindsay @ Aisle to Aloha said...

Looks like you guys did a fabulous job pulling off that reunion! I bet you are glad it's behind you.. ;)

And yes, you looked bee-yoo-tiful!

Sharstin said...

how much fun! high school was such a blast--and it is so good to get together again!my 10 year is coming up in a week:) looks like you guys had lots of fun--and you guys look so cute~

Aja said...

So fun! Way to go with the planning! My 10 year reunion is coming up this year, but I still can't decide if I want to go.. :)

BTW- I'm happy to send you some of my hair! I definitely don't need it all ;)

Julie S. said...

Looks like SUCH a fun night! :-)

Leslie G said...

You look great! Looks like it was a good weekend for you guys. My 10 year is coming up fast- I graduated in 02!

Suzie said...

Still look cute with the heat! :) Glad you had fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...