Friday, June 25, 2010

California Recap: Part One

We headed out to Cali two weeks ago to share in the joy of my sister-in-law's wedding to my new brother-in-law, Tim. We stayed out there for 6 days and made it into a real vacation instead of just a wedding trip! We flew into San Diego and stayed in La Jolla the whole time. I did a lot of research before booking our accommodations and finally decided upon The Empress. At the time it was rated #1 in La Jolla on Tripadvisor.com {now it's rated #2--still good in my book!}. I was afraid it was going to be one of those "too good to be true" hotels, but it was just as promised! The staff was friendly and very helpful. If you're ever in that area, I highly recommend it!

Photobucket
Photobucket

The first day we shopped {and bought my LV}, went to Old Town for lunch, and walked around the gorgeous Balboa Park.

My Husband, The Groom, and my Father-in-law!
Photobucket

The workers making fresh tortillas at the restaurant.
Photobucket

My yummy lunch @ Old Town Mexican Restaurant!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Next up was the absolutely stunning Balboa Park!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

When we got back to La Jolla we took a stroll around the area and to the wedding bowl {a small wedding was taking place, too} where Em and Tim would be married later in the week!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

More parts to come! Thanks for reading!

xoxo

11 comments:

Ashley said...

That looks beautiful. I want to go on a vacation!

Eli said...

I love San Diego. It's such a great mix of LA and SF. That mexican restaurant is delish!! Glad to see you had a great time. Can't wait to see more.

Kelly said...

beautiful pictures! ok and I have to ask where is that amazing dress from you are wearing? It's gorgeous!!!

Liza said...

Amazing pics Joi! I love your dress.

Nikki said...

Beautiful photos! I just took a trip to La Jolla over Memorial Day to visit a friend. We were looking for a good Mexican spot too!

Sharstin said...

so pretty--love san diego!

LW @ Aisle to Aloha said...

Oh, I love La Jolla/San Diego! Chris and I spent three weeks there before we hopped over the ocean to Hawaii. I loved Balboa Park too--so pretty!

Did you make it to Coronado Island? That's where we stayed. It felt like the perfect little seaside town. :)

Joi said...

@Everyone! Thanks for the compliments and comments!

p.s. dress is from JCPenney!

@LW-We were able to spend a couple hours there--loved it!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm late, but I love the dress, too. I'll have to check out Penney's.

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Beautiful pics! That tree is awesome!

Suzie said...

Great photos! Joi, Joi, your photos make me so hungry! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...