Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DIY Chandelier ?

A couple weekends ago we went to a wedding of a lifelong friend of David. It was an outdoor wedding with the reception being held in a cabin &/or barn {I'm not really sure since it was cold and rainy and I wasn't being the most attentive.} However, I do know that this cabin/barn had the most awesome DIY chandeliers.

Photobucket

They appeared to be made out of grapevine, twine, and globe lights. I really would like to duplicate this in our home but I'm pretty sure hardwiring strand lights is not the easiest {or even doable} nor safest--darn! I took about million pics of these in the hope of finding someway to figure out how to make it work.

I'm not totally ruling out the idea, after all I did buy some globe lights just like the ones above at Big Lots the other day...

xoxo

6 comments:

Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

Can't wait to see.....

Jeannine @ Small and Chic said...

You might be interested in the light Gillian from Dried Figs made. I think she explained how she went about doing it on her blog.

Hello Lover... said...

So pretty!

Sharstin said...

really creative and cute!

Lynett said...

Ah so cute! I'm sure you can figure it out- you are Queen B DIYer you know ;)

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I know you will figure it out! Those are too cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...