Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Randoms

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. My absolute favorite part of the day is hands down, the Easter egg hunt. I still am a little bummed about being an adult and missing out on the action!

I was able to snap a couple of pics today, but as my title suggests, they are all pretty random. I'm trying to situate myself with my camera still yet. There's so much I want to document but there is also a part of me that just wants to enjoy the moment and not worry about the perfect photo op, know what I mean?

Anyhoo, I did get some pretty neat shots of my little cousins hunting for eggs. Caroline was a hoot and was not giving up until the last egg was found; she was bound and determined to stay outside until every last one was accounted for!

Then we got some pretty sweet pics of my sweet sister in law, Emily, sitting in Uncle Joe's 57 Chevy for her boyfriend, Tim. The car is a serious gorgeous piece of work. Even I, who knows absolutely nothing about cars, could easily see this!

We finally made it back home {after a leisurely day of eating and gabbing} where one thing had to be done. Emily had never seen her dad in action on the Wii, so you know what that calls for.

I wish you could see the way he actually plays, but for now the pics will have to do. He puts his entire body into each and every movement and has us all in tears! It is the funniest thing to watch! : )

Hopefully your Easter was enjoyable and you got to spend it with the ones you love.

xoxo

11 comments:

Debra said...

I just got to watch the video of Mr. Svezia playing wii tennis that Emily took...too funny!!!
I love the car pics- amazing color.
And the new blog title you created with leaves blowing off the tree is super cute ; )

Freckles Chick said...

Happy Easter, BFF!! =)

I love the saturation of colors in these photos. Seriously gorge. And I love how you made the Chevy pics look sort of vintage!

So it looks I need to add to my wishlist: a DSLR camera & a Wii.
Thx a lot =0)

Joi said...

Debra-the video is priceless, right?
: )

FC-You need a DSLR it is fab.u.lous!

Suzie said...

LOL! Love all of the photos! You are really becoming the professional photographer! I need tips! :)

Michael said...

Joi...are your pics straight out of the camera or Photoshopped? They're amazing!

Joi said...

Thanks, Suzie and Michael!

I wish they were right outta the camera, but I am beginning to learn photoshop and most of them are cropped/lightened/had an action ran on them. It is addicting and really makes all the pics pop!

: )

Rose said...

Hey Favorite Niece - LUV LUV LUV the pixs, they are almost as good as being there! - - Favorite Aunt Rose

Lynett said...

I NEED photoshop! Great pics and great weekend! Happy Easter :)

melissa said...

Hey- I am in love with your new blog title being so big and that amazing tree....very cool

Lynsey T said...

Umm Emil and Dan in one post just made my entire day. I would LOVE to see that man play Wii. He is funny in a non-funny environment. I bet it's hilarious!

J said...

Well at least he is getting exercise while he is playing. Joi I love the backgroud of your blog looks good and your spring pics and so good, your learning and so am I thanks to you I finally figured why all my pics looked blue it was in the settings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...