Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whirlwind

My life feels pretty hectic right now, but somehow I'm remaining eerily calm--so unlike the Joi I used to know!

Lemme break it down:

I'm...
- teaching three different levels of Spanish with all new books and new materials that I basically have developed from scratch this year= a buttload of work every.single.day
- heading to Texas in a week {yay for my bestie, shopping, girl time, and BRITNEY!}
- planning a field trip for two weeks from now {my students and I so derserve this break!}
- dealing with issues {not bad!} regarding the student Spain trip this summer {Eeek-so excited!}
- taking a master's class
- helping plan my 10 year high school reunion
- organizing/planning a senior trip for 2010 with my Junior girls to California

And, I...
-just agreed to take on 2 more after school homebound student sessions for a total of 4 per week!
-teach Spanish, on the side, to my adorable cousin every other weekend!

Whew! I'm tired just typing that list, but amazingly I'm feeling good, really good. David would like to credit himself and his no-stress philosophy about life that seems to be rubbing off on me! I think I'll agree : )

My life on paper seems so busy, but I am enjoying the craziness! How's your life these days??

9 comments:

J said...

well Joi, when a person stays busy it seems like nothing and more enjoyable keeping busy. I miss working outside the home and in public.I miss the interaction with people. I went to a spa party tonight and wish I had more friends to host one myself, or wish I had the time to sell it myself. It was really fun and you feel so relaxed afterwards and the products were wonderful, my skin feels so soft. I am still working out trying to at least ride my bike 5 miles a night and gradually increasing it and when my shoulder does not hurt I ride my ellipical for 20 min and trying to increase it as i go along and this helps me relax and takes stress away as well.

melissa said...

Girl- you gotta learn to say no....2 more homebounds??? It's great to be busy and productive, but you're gonna be one burned out woman if you keep all of this up!!! Be careful!

Julie S. said...

Whoa, you are busier than I am, and I didn't think it was possible! With all the renovations finishing up and getting ready for baby, I feel like I could pull my hair out. At least I am not alone!

leah @maritalbless said...

Holy crap girl. Take a second for yourself. :)

Suzie said...

Whoa, that sounds insane but also like a lot of fun! It's a "good" busy planning future trips and really working on your future!

Michael said...

My life is all about grad school at the moment...finishing my thesis and being done. I can't wait!

However, my life looks pale in comparison to yours, LOL...you need a vacation!

Lynn said...

I WANT DAVE TO TEACH ME!! Niecy your Auntie Linda is so PROUD OF YOU. You really have your jobs cut out for you at this time BUT IF ANYONE CAN DO IT. MY NIECY JOI CAN. I'm also proud of Melissa on her going after what she wants...I GOT TWO GREAT NIECEY'S. I might have more but these two stand out big time. SO KEEP UP GOOD WORK...AND ASK DAVE IF HE CAN BE MY TEACHER ON THAT ""his no-stress philosophy about life "" I need it!!!!!!!!!!!
luv ya bunches,bunches & more bunches..ha ha

###### said...

Hey...come on down to TEXAS!

Freckles Chick said...

Holy crap! You're making me feel lazy, chica! Talk about a packed life--but it sounds like you're enjoying it so that's what matters.

Our lives are packed w/ reno projects so I guess we really don't have a life =(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...