Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fresh Outta The Crock Pot!

Now I know some of you near-professional cooks might think this is no big thing, but I am very proud of myself. I've never been a cook, but I am slowly learning.

Just understanding and looking for some ingredients gives me a run for money. I've really been itching to try this pulled chicken recipe and we finally got all the ingredients to do it today.

It turned out pretty good; Dave gave it a 4 out of 5! The only thing that could be improved was making it a tad sweeter. Guess I'll try more molasses or brown sugar next time.

Here's the masterpiece alongside Kraft Mac n' Cheese {not all things can be prepared from scratch!}.

7 comments:

melissa said...

From one non-chef to another, I salute you! Good job using the crock pot....which one is that again???

J said...

looks good to me Joi, hey you are a craftsman, decorator and now on to your next project cooking its fun and you will do good. You can make up your own recipes and find what you like and how you like it made. My sister-in-law use to come up with some creations in the kitchen but they tasted good if I tried it would not turn out like hers.

Jen said...

Well done for going for it! Looks delicious. All great cooks had to start somewhere and it looks like you are well on your way.

Lindsey said...

Well done! Looks delish!

Michael said...

I love the Kraft, LOL...some things I make and I just totally rock at...stuffed cabbage, carrot cake. And other recipes just come out so nasty...I'm so inconsistent.

Suzie said...

This looks so good, I'm so hungry! Great idea to use chicken!

Lynn said...

Well LEARNING how to cook...your Auntie isn't the best cook...but I can cook..just hand in there Great Niecy..and you will be a cook of all times..
but CHICKEN..not for your Auntie.
take care and keep good work up, I hadn't gotten to read your blog much recently but things has settled down here so maybe I can keep up with it now..LUV READING IT..
LUV YA AUNTIE LINDA

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...