Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New window treatments!

Since David and I finished painting the living room Sherwin Williams' Perfect Greige, I decided I needed {scratch that, wanted} new window treatments. I also finally got around to painting the trim a creamy white to match the rest of the house!

I asked the fine ladies over at DecorPad and they all lended their support to my 'dilemma'. One of the ladies mentioned that I should try and do what John and Sherry did over at This Young House with their front room window. If you haven't checked out their blog, you're missing out!

So, since I originally loved what they did with their window and our window is quite similar, I decided this was the avenue to take. I purchased the same bamboo blinds from Walmart and then I purchased some fab curtains from JCPenney to flank the sides.

I am anxiously awaiting their arrival so we can hang everything!

6 comments:

Teresa Meyer said...

It's going to look great! Can't wait to see it completed.

"This Young House" couple has the cutest house, don't they?

Mrs. Limestone said...

Thats going to look great. Can't wait to see it in place.

Joi said...

Oooh! Thanks ladies!

I know, TYH just can't get any cuter!

Suzie said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Whahoo! Can't wait to see how they look. Those curtain panels are fab. Nice find. Oooh and don't forget to hang the curtain rod higher and wider than the window so the panels don't cover a foot and a half of window on each side and the blinds don't cover the top third (robbing you of valuable light). And thanks for the link love chica!

xoxo,

Sherry (& John)
www.thisyounghouse.com

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Fabulous idea! I love bamboo blinds w/drapes. I did that in my master bedroom. Looking forward to seeing your "after" pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...